What are some of the things that parents who have healthy minds, healthy bodies and healthy spirits do?￼ I’ve taken some time to observe some marriages and parents who have children with autism and I have come to the conclusion that the healthiest parents do these things and they are:￼
- Learn to listen to each other, love each other and like each other. Happy couples hang out together and of course there is downtime where you don’t, but the happiest couples spend quality time together doing fun things￼, listening to the stories of their days, and love by doing things to help one another.
- Eat Meals together even if it’s one meal a a week just pencil it in and make it happen
- Share responsibility if I forget something at the store Kev will immediately go get it and vice versa. I am mostly in charge of the household duties, however if I ask Kev he always helps, I also reciprocate by helping assist him when he needs it with work.
- Laugh watch comedies, look up funny memes on Pinterest and just laugh it helps with so many things
- Pray healthy couples pray with one another, for each other and also for others too. Pray like it’s all you know how to do!
To listen to more on this topic checkout the latest podcast!
“You obeyed the truth, and your souls were made pure. Now you sincerely love each other. But you must keep on loving with all your heart.” 1 Peter 1:22 CEV
Get Maritza’s First Book Autism in Our Home on Amazon and Barnes and Noble Now!! Putting God first when parenting your child with autism is the best thing you can do for your family! I want to help you to get your mind right and point you to the right resources. My second book is in the works and will be out soon!! https://www.amazon.com/author/maritzamoliswww.bn.com/s/9781642993400
If you wanna go much deeper than the blogs and podcasts are giving you then make sure you go to www.strategies2cope.com and I can go one on one with you. I can give you a free 10 min consultation to see if I am the right fit for you so just go to strategies2cope.com and send me a message!
Check out my husband👉🏼Kevin on his YouTube page for more tips!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCgg1lNqI3cmeE4fBHFjvw