This post does not contain any affiliate links just material that has helped me on my journey.
I have an office with a white bookshelf full of books. When we moved to our home just a few months back when COVID-19 hit, I wanted to bring all of my books with me as in our previous home the bookshelves were overflowing with all kinds of books. However, that was not possible because I had way too many books and not all of them would fit on the new bookshelf.
When I became a mom to Julian my oldest I read books, when I became Jaiden’s mom I read more books. Then he was diagnosed with epilepsy, autism and an intellectual disability I read lots and lots of books. I studied psychology and read a plethora of books. I had Sebastian my youngest and read children’s books, lots of them. Many of the books I’ve read over the years have shared amazing information. I absolutely love them all. There are a few most recently that have stuck with me as an autism parent. These few are the one I pick up over and over again.
My Favorite Books To Pick Up Over And Over Again:
1. No Fighting, No Biting, No Screaming: How to Make Behaving Positively Possible for People with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities https://www.amazon.com/dp/1849051267/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YOGlFbJ0TT9JD
In this book, I can totally relate to the parents and how the professionals explain in handling violent situations concerning your child.
2. Warfare: Winning the Spiritual… https://www.amazon.com/dp/0802418171?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
When I read this book, our family was on the verge of a breakdown because I was believing that it was all my fault. This book helped me to realize where the real battle lies.
3. Man’s Search for Meaning https://www.amazon.com/dp/0807014273?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
This book is a must read for all humans. It is a book that helped me get back on track with life and to be grateful and change my mindset.
4. The Everyday Life Bible: The… https://www.amazon.com/dp/0446578274?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Love this bible as it has lots of explanations of the scriptures being presented with tips on enjoying your life more.
5. Let Me Hear Your Voice: A… https://www.amazon.com/dp/0449906647?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
A must read for all parents that have newly diagnosed children with autism.
6. A Parent’s Guide to Autism: Practical Advice. Biblical Wisdom. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629986712/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9UGlFb3HGH20P
A great book by a man with autism who explains how his mom loved him, prayed for him, and helped him through some difficult situations during his childhood with autism.
What are your favorite books that have helped you?
“The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7
Get Maritza’s First Book Autism in Our Home on Amazon and Barnes and Noble Now!! Putting God first when parenting your child with autism is the best thing you can do for your family! I want to help you to get your mind right and point you to the right resources. My second book is in the works and will be out soon!! https://www.amazon.com/author/maritzamoliswww.bn.com/s/9781642993400
If you wanna go much deeper than the blogs and podcasts are giving you then make sure you go to www.strategies2cope.com and I can go one on one with you. I can give you a free 10 min consultation to see if I am the right fit for you so just go to strategies2cope.com and send me a message!
Check out my husband👉🏼Kevin on his YouTube page for more tips!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCgg1lNqI3cmeE4fBHFjvw